Former Backstreet Boy Nick Carter has revealed he and his sister have sought a restraining order against their brother, Aaron Carter.
The news comes shortly after the troubled star was spotted looking gaunt and dishevelled with no shoes on, wearing an NSYNC T-shirt.
“After careful consideration, my sister Angel and I regret that we were required to seek a restraining order against our brother Aaron today,” 39-year-old singer Nick stated in an announcement on Twitter, as reported by Fox News.
“In light of Aaron’s increasingly alarming behaviour and his recent confession that he harbours thoughts and intentions of killing my pregnant wife and unborn child, we were left with no choice but to take every measure possible to protect ourselves and our family,” Nick — who’s expecting his second baby with wife Lauren Kitt — alleged.
“We love our brother and truly hope he gets the proper treatment he needs before any harm comes to himself or anyone else,” Nick concluded the post, which he shared with the hashtags #mentalhealth, #GunControlNow and #GunControl.
TMZreported earlier this week that the star’s guns could be seized as a result of the complaints.
Aaron confirmed the news in a series of defensive tweets, writing, “So my brother just got a restraining order against me. And I was just served lol.”
So my brother just got a a restraining order against me. And I was just served lol
— Aaron Carter (@aaroncarter) September 17, 2019
“Take care. @NickCarter we’re done for life,” the 31-year-old added. “I haven’t seen him in four years. And I don’t intend (to).”
Aaron further reacted to Nick’s claims on Twitter, stating: “I am astounded at the accusations being made against me and I do not wish harm to anyone, especially my family.
“All I ask is for my family to leave me alone. This is blood. Not love. I will never be around you and I don’t want to be around you. I am the one who said I’m done then you send me this!? Ok. Stop trying to get me 5150’d before I file a harassment suit myself nick I have the $,” he added.
The I Want Candy singer was photographed this week looking unrecognisable from his baby-faced pop star days, bizarrely donning an NSYNC T-shirt.
This was perhaps a thinly veiled dig at his brother, who, of course, rose to fame in rival ’90s boy band Backstreet Boys.
According toTMZ, the temporary restraining order Nick filed states Aaron must stay at least 30 metres away from him, his wife and kids and other family members, specifically from their Las Vegas home.
Aaron appeared on TMZ Live to address the restraining order before it had been served, assuring the media outlet he has not been struggling with his mental health.
The star had appeared on US program The Doctors recently, where it was suggested he could be suffering from a multiple personality disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia and manic depression. On TMZ Live, Aaron said the program was edited to make it look like he had these conditions.
In 2017, the star took up a 90-day stint in rehab to deal with “past trauma”, entering the treatment facility at 52kg and leaving at 73kg.
At the time, he said the stress of his past was “literally killing” him.
Reps for Nick and Aaron did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
This article originally appeared on Fox News and was reproduced with permission
Originally published as Star served restraining order by famous brother