While the late Michael Jackson’s children continue to explore legal options against his accusers Wade Robson and James Safechuck, Page Six has learned they’re also quietly investigating Robson and Safechuck in advance of filing a lawsuit.
Robson and Safechuck made headlines when they appeared in the Leaving Neverland documentary, which aired earlier this year, to recount alleged sexual abuse by the King of Pop. Now Prince, Paris and Prince Michael Jackson II, aka “Blanket”, are on a mission to find out if the men were paid, in any capacity, for their participation, and to look for any inconsistencies in their accounts of the alleged abuse.
The film’s director, Dan Reed, has previously said they weren’t compensated, several outlets have reported.
According to a source close to the family, the children are said to be preparing a lawsuit for fraud, emotional distress, slander and misrepresentation.
We’re also told that in the potential suit, Prince, 22, Paris, 21, and Blanket, 17, are not looking for money, but want Robson and Safechuck to accept “responsibility” and give an “apology.” Any funds awarded will be given to charity.
Jackson’s three heirs feel the documentary violated their privacy as they are mentioned in it. “All of these things take away their privacy,” said a source.
As part of their investigation, the famous siblings are also digging into Robson’s Hawaii-based charity.
Around the time the documentary was released, Robson set up the “Robson Family Fund” through the Hawaii Community Foundation, reports The Blast.
Robson and his wife, Amanda, have been accused of capitalising on the documentary’s popularity, as it was initially unclear where donations would go. Shortly thereafter, Robson changed the name to the “Robson Child Abuse Healing and Prevention Fund”. The charity’s website says funds are required by law to be distributed to 501(c)3 non-profit organisations.
An insider close to the family tells Page Six Robson’s charity faces possible scrutiny from investigators in Hawaii. Requests for comment from the charity and the office of Hawaii’s Attorney-General weren’t immediately returned.
A rep for the Jackson siblings told us: “The three children say that all they want is to preserve their father’s musical legacy. They feel that the ‘documentary’ was one-sided and the two men have made numerous claims that aren’t true. As for the allegations, they believe that per their own investigation and other news sources, money raised by the two men and maybe others has not gone to a charity or to promote anything positive. They want formal answers on the ‘charity’ issue of Mr. Robson and his ‘donation’ and more. They certainly haven’t used their new platform and that is the point. The Jacksons use theirs to help others. It’s the principle, but it’s also possibly illegal and they want answers.”
While this looms, the family is preparing a special tribute to Michael Jackson, who died 10 years ago on June 25.
This article originally appeared on The New York Post and was reproduced with permission
Originally published as Jackson kids investigating accusers