Alleged sex assault victim of Jarryd Hayne was bitten, required surgery: police


He left the home in the same taxi about 20 minutes later.

It is understood the taxi driver is now a witness in the case against Hayne, and has been spoken to by police.

The woman’s mother, who was home at the time, will also be a witness in the case

Police will allege Hayne arrived at the house to visit the woman before he sexually assaulted her,  ripping off her clothes and biting her, drawing blood.

The woman sought medical treatment for her injuries at a hospital the following day.

While Hayne spent 10 hours at Ryde police station on Monday night, a police source confirmed he is yet to make any comment or statement on the record to police, and has thus far “declined to be interviewed.”

Accompanied by his manager Wayne Beavis, the embattled rugby league star handed himself into police over the alleged sexual assault that took place at a home in the Hunter region on the NRL grand final night in September.

Jarryd Hayne leaves Ryde police station with his manager Wayne Beavis.Credit:Seven News

Hayne finally emerged from the police station in the early hours of Tuesday morning, accompanied by his manager Wayne Beavis, having been charged with aggravated sexual assault by detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.

Hayne made no comment to a waiting media pack as he was picked up by a dark silver vehicle.


Bail conditions imposed upon the former Parramatta Eels fullback include reporting to The Hills Local Area Command between 8am and 8pm every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; surrendering his passport, not applying for another passport and not approaching any point of departure.

Hayne is also not to enter any international airport or the Newcastle local government area, while he is to live only at an unspecified address in Norwest.

The 30-year-old is not to contact or attempt to contact the victim or any witnesses by any means whatsoever including electronic means, social media platforms or through any third party.

He is also not to assault, molest, harass, threaten or otherwise interfere with the victim, stalk or engage in any other conduct that intimidates the victim or a person with whom the victim has a domestic relationship.

If he fails to comply with any of the agreed conditions, Hayne has agreed to forfeit $20,000.

It is understood the time Hayne spent at the police station on Monday night was taken up by a lengthy bail determination consideration, with independent police officers assessing his release.

Hayne spent around 10 hours at the police station, while his bail conditions were deliberated.

Hayne spent around 10 hours at the police station, while his bail conditions were deliberated.Credit:Seven News

The maximum penalty for the charge of aggravated assault is 20 years in jail.

Earlier this month, detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation into the alleged incident, after receiving reports a woman had been sexually assaulted by a man she met on social media.

A complaint about the incident was first made to the NRL Integrity Unit, before it was referred to the sex crimes squad.

Hayne has been granted strict conditional bail to appear at Burwood Local Court on Monday December 10.

It is the second sexual assault allegation levelled at the rugby league player, who is currently fighting a civil lawsuit in the US relating to the alleged sexual assault of a woman in San Jose in December 2015.

After mediation talks failed, the civil lawsuit was scheduled to go to trial on January 27 next year.

Lucy Cormack is a crime reporter with The Sydney Morning Herald.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *